Friday, March 1, 2013

The thought behind “28 Days of Rebirth”




I wanted to remember the artist that influenced my concepts of Art, Music and Style.  I wanted to remember certain markers in my life that should be never forgotten, but with age and life’s responsibilities they have begun to fade a little.  I wanted to remember those moments of passion and delight that comes with the discovery of a new twist or beat.

I wanted to remember the arbiters of my “Cool”

#28          Art Blakey
#27          Sarah Vaughan
#26          Billy Eckstine
#25          Clyde Stubblefield
#24          John Cage
#23          James Brown
#22          Wes Montgomery
#21         Nam June Paik
#20         Gordon Parks
#19         James Cleveland
#18          The JB’s
#17         Howard Roberts
#16         Monk
#15         Richard Pryor
#14         Elvin Jones
#13          Kraftwerk
#12         Nat King Cole
#11         Kool & The Gang
#10         Sly & the Family Stone
#09         Ray Charles
#08         Miles Davis
#07         Band of Gypsies
#06         Pop Staples
#05         Fela Kuti
#04         Citizen Kane
#03         Quincy Jones
#02         James Chance
#01         Grandfather

No comments: